My Blog (and why I'm writing it)

My photo
I started this blog as a way to communite with my grandchildren (and children too!). I never asked my Grandma Sands alot of questions growing up and I wish I had. So I think I'll just write some funny stuff and some interesting things on here and I hope you like it!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Change is good???

So grandpa Jim and I are on a diet and we have been behaving and I have actually lost a few pounds. But today is Superbowl Sunday and I thought we would have something besides Nutrisystem food to celebrate. We decided on taco salads - I thought it would be a good idea to stick to low fat items - lettuce, fat free sour cream (yuck), you know, it's a salad. So I made a list of the things I needed and headed to town to go to Wal-Mart. Let's just say that every wal-mart in the universe totally changed their floor plan this summer, but I have almost re-learned where everything is, thank you very much.

I found almost everything I was looking for - everything except the "shell" for the taco salad. I know where they usually are - they weren't there. I looked everywhere except the candy aisle and didn't find them so I decided, well, I'll just stop at Marketplace on my way home. So I did.

Well, let's just say that the people at Marketplace were not to be outdone and decided to totally revamp their store too. New flooring, new shelving, new freezers, new coolers. They moved everything around - almost nothing looked familiar except maybe the card section (and let me just say all the people in Hayward have already bought their grandchildren Valentine's day cards, because there weren't any left in either store).

I got my salad shells.

I'm going to treat my shopping experience as brain exercise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment