My Blog (and why I'm writing it)

My photo
I started this blog as a way to communite with my grandchildren (and children too!). I never asked my Grandma Sands alot of questions growing up and I wish I had. So I think I'll just write some funny stuff and some interesting things on here and I hope you like it!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Places I have lived...

I have always lived in Wisconsin....always. I was born in Ashland WI because the Hayward Hospital was for Native Americans only. After I was born, I came to Hayward with my parents to live. I lived in Hayward until I was in second grade. My dad got a job in Ashland, so we moved there and lived near downtown Ashland. I went to Beaser School for second grade and part of third grade.

Halfway through third grade, we moved back to Hayward and lived with my mom's parents at Sands Riverside Inn - my grandparent's bar/restaurant. We had bedrooms, a bathroom and a playroom upstairs over the restaurant. Our kitchen was the restaurant kitchen. I have so many memories from the years I lived there.

My Grandpa Sands died when I was about 9 years old and then we moved into town (OK, this is Hayward so moving to town meant we were moving about 1 mile). We lived on South 2nd Street from when I was in sixth grade until I graduated from high school.

The only other town I have lived in is Eau Claire. When Grandpa Jim and I got married, we lived on State Street in Eau Claire and we stayed there for about 18 years. Once we were empty nesters, we sold that house and bought a house on South Pointe Court - over by the Oakwood Mall. We stayed there for five years. During that time, we also owned "the cabin" in Hayward and spent almost every weekend there.

Once I retired, we moved into the cabin and lived there for two years full-time. So now we are back living in Hayward again.

Once all the grandkids came along, we decided the cabin just wasn't big enough....so we bought the house we live in right now. I can't imagine moving again, but never say never.

I would like to live somewhere warmer in the winter someday....maybe out west....or maybe the Dominican Republic.

Do you remember all of the houses you have lived in?

Love you, Gram

No comments:

Post a Comment