My Blog (and why I'm writing it)

My photo
I started this blog as a way to communite with my grandchildren (and children too!). I never asked my Grandma Sands alot of questions growing up and I wish I had. So I think I'll just write some funny stuff and some interesting things on here and I hope you like it!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Great-Great-Grandparents

I introduced you to your great-great-greats, Christian and Julia Sands. Here is a little information about their son, William. William was my grandfather. I called him Grandpa Sands.

Here is a picture of my Grandpa Sands from his wedding to Hilda Josephine Tollefson. I spent alot of time with Grandma and Grandpa Sands. They lived in Eau Claire and Hayward. When I was born, my Grandpa was Sheriff of Sawyer County. Here is a picture of me sitting on his lap at the Sheriff's Office in Hayward.

Here are a couple more pictures of me with my grandma and grandpa:


I think this picture was taken on Christmas the year my sister was born. Cathy was born on Christmas Eve and so they were all at the hospital. Looks like I was pretty happy with my new baby doll.


This is me snow-shoeing with my Grandpa Sands. He used to take me everywhere. I got to ride with him to the dump to get rid of the garbage from the restaurant. I worked with him in the garden and I remember being with him in his garage when he built stuff.

Grandpa and Grandma Sands had five children....Constance, Marvella, Ruth, William and Arliss. Ruth was my mother.

My Grandpa Sands died when I was only 8 years old. I still miss him. My Grandma Sands lived until she was 91 years old.

If you have any questions about them, leave a post for me.

Love, Grandma Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment